After a long and turbulent season of Overwatch League, it’s finally time for playoffs! There’s a lot at stake, and we’ve got you covered to playing fantasy throughout the whole thing.
We’ve added a new Fantasy Format to the fray for Playoffs, Salary Leagues. You can read more about them here.
For Salary Leagues, since Playoffs is only 3 weeks long, there are only 3 matchups to be played! That means that 4 person leagues are ideal as you will play everyone else in your league. We have enabled larger leagues however, if you wish to play with more friends.
We’ve learned a lot during the season for OWL Leagues, and so we’re making a couple tweaks to our scoring format based on your feedback. Note that next year we’ll be looking at more updates, but these are just things we are testing out during playoffs
- Ultimates – Big Ults are the flashiest plays in Overwatch, as well as play a vital role, sometimes more than sometimes kills/deaths can capture. We’ve added Ultimates as a stat that you can track in all fantasy formats. The default value is set at 0.5 points per ultimate used.
- Adding a Team Slot – To capture the spirit of Playoffs being about the team’s success, we’ve added the option of having a Team Slot for OWL as well. Teams will be scored based on 3 factors:
- Average wins per match (default: 10 pts)
- Average payload distance (default: 0.1 pts)
- Average control percentage (default: 0.25 pts)
When working out the numbers, teams will earn roughly 50-60% as a player, so they shouldn’t go into your UTIL slot, but a good team could be the vital difference between a W and a L.
Once again, we wanted to thank you so much for all your support and hope you’ve enjoyed your fantasy leagues thus far. It’s been an awesome year, and we have a special place in our hearts for the OWL community. Hope to see ya’ll playing Salary Leagues!